A Qualitative Evaluation: Overseas Practicum-focused INSET Program Efficacy and AccountabilityA Qualitative Evaluation: Overseas Practicum-focused INSET Program Efficacy and Accountability
- Other Titles
- A Qualitative Evaluation: Overseas Practicum-focused INSET Program Efficacy and Accountability
- Issue Date
- INSET efficacy; overseas practicum-focused INSET program; program evaluation; 연수평가; 해외 프랙티컴 심화연수; 프로그램평가
- 영어교과교육, v.12, no.2, pp.261 - 287
- Journal Title
- Start Page
- End Page
- The current study attempts to measure a government subsidized overseas practicum-focused INSET program efficacy and accountability. For program efficacy and accountability, trainee perception, reception, and sense of achievement were used as major criteria. In addition, unstructured interviews with stakeholders, document review, and trainee reports, as well as mentor reports were used to formulate a balanced perspective in the evaluation.
Reflections of the trainees involved in the INSET program in Canada, reveal that the trainees achieved their objectives to a certain degree. According to the pre- and post-training “strength” analysis of 81 trainees, a number of items on the trainees’ “wish list” at the beginning visibly emerged as proud “strength” at the end of the program. Several recommendations are made to maximize trainee opportunities and provide a more fulfilling experience to all the stakeholders involved. It was revealed that the one-month program’s management system and curriculum content need to be revised to reflect the socio-cultural challenges that Korean trainees face. In addition, the current practicum placement system should be improved to give trainees more diverse exposure. The mentor system should be supplemented with a mentor orientation session and/or an incentive system.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 대학본부 > 교무처 > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.