A Hierarchical Interface Design of a Puzzle Game for Elementary Education
- 박은영; 박영호
- Issue Date
- Edu Game; Interface Design; Puzzle Game
- International Journal of u- and e- Service, Science and Technology, v.3, no.2 , pp.43 - 50
- Journal Title
- International Journal of u- and e- Service, Science and Technology
- Start Page
- End Page
- A basic instinct of humans for perfect completion usually drives us happy. Basically, humans purchase a certain complete match for scattered facts. The satisfaction of completing the scattered pieces gives us great pleasure. Thus many people put in their time and effort in the puzzle, and they gain strong satisfaction. The paper solves the importance of the general effects of a puzzle in building the edu-game design. Legacy online education has following problems. First, educational effects became weaker than original text education since the physical guide for the study is absent. Second, students can lose interests in study since there are no interactions or dynamics like the real education atmosphere. An on-line game is growing up very fast through characters of the interactive computing and internet environment. In addition, an edu-game combining the advantages of the game and the education increase gradually. The paper proposes an edu-game system for providing knowledge through the hierarchical structure. The system differs from existing ones that combine a game and an on-line education. There are three different goals as follows. First, the paper proposes three levels of knowledge hierarchies. The method enables users to understand more easy and systematic and interesting education. Second, the graphic interface of a puzzle type is able to contact more conveniently and it provides beauties and functionalities. Third, among them, specifically the knowledge hierarchy is not forced to users and the method also can study in detail and users can enjoy systematically e-education by using the general type of a puzzle game.
- Files in This Item
Go to Link
- Appears in
- ICT융합공학부 > IT공학전공 > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.