다문화가족의 결혼생활 관련요인 분석- 용산구 다문화가족 사례연구를 중심으로 -The Study on the Marital Life Factors for the Multi-Culture Families - Focused on the Case Study of Multi-Culture Family in Yongsan-Gu -
- Other Titles
- The Study on the Marital Life Factors for the Multi-Culture Families - Focused on the Case Study of Multi-Culture Family in Yongsan-Gu -
- 계선자; 강혜경; 정미선
- Issue Date
- multicultural family; marital life factors; married female immigrants and their husbands; 다문화가족; 결혼생활 관련요인; 결혼이민여성과 그 배우자
- 한국가족자원경영학회지, v.13, no.3, pp.31 - 57
- Journal Title
- Start Page
- End Page
- The purpose of this study is to determine what factors affect the marital life of multicultural families. In-depth interviews were conducted with 15 immigrated females and their husbands living in Yongsan-Gu, Seoul, Korea, by open-ended questionnaire. The interviews took place on September 11, 2008, and October 11, 2008.
The major findings can be summarized as follows:
Through the content analysis of the informants’responses, three major factors were found to influence the successful adjustment of the married female immigrants: personal factors, familial support, and social support systems.
Among the personal factors, the self-esteem of the married couples is relatively high. However, the factor of the economic living conditions of the multicultural families indicates some difficulty. Finally, considering the level of self-development of the female immigrants’ husbands, an older husband was viewed more negatively than a younger one.
In terms of familial support, the most important factor affecting the adjustment of a foreign wife is the trust of her husband and her relationship with the husband’s family. Accordingly, educational programs are necessary to promote multicultural understanding and the couples’ relations.
In social support systems, the female immigrants experienced neglect, as far as multicultural prejudice in society. Therefore, in order to revitalize the self-esteem of immigrants, we need to reach out to multicultural families.
The center for support of multicultural families provides opportunities to find training, upgrade education for employment, and expand their social network. In addition, it is necessary for the national public relations industry to recognize improvements regarding the adjustment of multicultural families.
- Files in This Item
Go to Link
- Appears in
- 생활과학대학 > 가족자원경영학과 > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.