A cyber environment for engineering cyber education
- Moon J.; Cho K.W.; Ko S.-H.; Kim J.-H.; Kim C.; Kim Y.
- Issue Date
- Proceedings - 4th IEEE International Conference on eScience, eScience 2008, pp.532 - 539
- Journal Title
- Proceedings - 4th IEEE International Conference on eScience, eScience 2008
- Start Page
- End Page
- Cyberenvironment has emerged as a next generation cyberinfrastructure to support 21st century scientific research and education. In this paper, we introduce an on-going cyberenvironment project named e-AIRS, an abbreviation of 'e-Science Aerospace Integrated Research System'. e-AIRS is a cyberinfrastructure-based portal system, and integrates a set of tools and services to support the aerodynamics engineering processes as a first step toward building a cyberenvironment for engineering cyber education. The system helps students to understand the full simulation process of aerodynamics engineering. Moreover, the system can be widely applied to other engineering fields too, such as ships, civil engineering, and etc. We conducted a survey of about 230 students about 5 topics at 7 classes of five universities. According to the survey, 94 percent said the system helped to understand the whole process of CFD, and more than 80 percent of the students said e-AIRS environment provided a good functionality, convenience, and user interface. © 2008 IEEE.
- Files in This Item
Go to Link
- Appears in
- 공과대학 > 소프트웨어학부 > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.