Automatic Train Control over LTE: Design and Performance Evaluation
- Kim, J (Kim, Juyeop); Choi, SW (Choi, Sang Won); Song, YS (Song, Yong-Soo); Yoon, YK (Yoon, Yong-Ki); Kim, YK (Kim, Yong-Kyu)
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- IEEE COMMUNICATIONS MAGAZINE, v.53, no.10, pp.102 - 109
- Journal Title
- IEEE COMMUNICATIONS MAGAZINE
- Start Page
- End Page
- Due to technical advances in train control and wireless communications, unmanned train operation has gained in popularity of late. On the other hand, any errors involved in managing the QoS of train control traffic will cause negative consequences such as possible loss of life. Operators therefore naturally wish to scrutinize the specifications so that the wireless communications system is capable of guaranteeing the QoS of the train control traffic. In this article, we propose a feasible QoS management scheme for train control traffic based on the methodology used in a conventional LTE system. Based on the proposed scheme, we evaluate the feasibility of the LTE system using a testbed built in a commercial railway region. The key issues to support the train control services by the LTE system are the design of a QoS policy based on analyzing the characteristics of the train control traffic and the appropriate adjustment of the cell parameters during the cell planning and optimization procedures in order to resolve any network issues that may cause problems with data pause.
- Files in This Item
Go to Link
- Appears in
- ICT융합공학부 > 전자공학전공 > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.