Separation of surface accumulation and bulk neutral channel in junctionless transistors
- Jeon, DY; Park, SJ; Mouis, M; Joo, MK; Barraud, S; Kim, GT; Ghibaudo, G
- Issue Date
- AMER INST PHYSICS
- APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS, v.104, no.26
- Journal Title
- APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS
- The error rate of low-field mobility (mu(0)) extracted from the conventional Y-function method in junctionless transistors (JLTs) is found to be linearly proportional to the channel doping concentration (N-d) for a typical value of the first order mobility attenuation factor theta(0) approximate to 0.1 V-1. Therefore, for a better understanding of their physical operation with higher accuracy, a methodology for the extraction of the low-field mobility of the surface accumulation channel (mu(0_acc)) and the bulk neutral channel mobility (mu(bulk)) of JLTs is proposed based on their unique operation principle. Interestingly, it is found that the different temperature dependence between mu(0_acc) and mu(bulk) is also confirming that the distribution of point defects along the channel in the heavily doped Si channel of JLTs was non-uniform. (C) 2014 AIP Publishing LLC.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- ICT융합공학부 > 응용물리전공 > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.