Geometric inequalities outside a convex set in a Riemannian manifold
- Seo, K
- Issue Date
- KINOKUNIYA CO LTD
- JOURNAL OF MATHEMATICS OF KYOTO UNIVERSITY, v.47, pp.657 - 664
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF MATHEMATICS OF KYOTO UNIVERSITY
- Start Page
- End Page
- Let M be an n-dimensional complete simply connected Riemannian manifold with nonpositive sectional curvature for n = 2, 3 and 4. We prove the following Faber-Krahn type inequality for the first eigenvalue lambda(1) of the mixed boundary problem. A domain Omega outside a closed convex subset C in M satisfies lambda(1)(Omega) >= lambda(1)(Omega*) with equality if and only if Omega is isometric to the half ball Omega* in R-n, whose volume is equal to that of Omega. We also prove the Sobolev type inequality outside a closed convex set C in M.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 이과대학 > 수학과 > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.