Enzymatic structural modification of monogalactosyldiacylglycerols for potential modulation of hydrophile-lipophile balance
- Roh, Seoye; Lee, Sohee; Kim, In-Hwan; Kim, Byung Hee
- Issue Date
- Elsevier Ltd
- Capric acid; Emulsifier; Hydrophile-lipophile balance; Immobilization; Rhizomucor miehei lipase; Structured monogalactosyldiacylglycerol
- Food Chemistry, v.385
- Journal Title
- Food Chemistry
- This study aimed to enzymatically prepare structured monogalactosyldiacylglycerols (MGDGs) with different hydrophile-lipophile balance (HLB) values for use as emulsifiers. Acidolysis of Perilla frutescens-derived MGDGs with capric acid (10:0) was conducted to obtain structured MGDGs containing 10:0. Lewatit VP OC 1600-immobilized Rhizomucor miehei lipase was used as the biocatalyst. Structured MGDGs (HLB value = 2.95–7.17) containing 13.0–70.6 mol% 10:0 were obtained from P. frutescens MGDGs (HLB value = 1.93). A quadratic regression equation (R2 = 0.920) to predict the 10:0 content of the structured MGDGs under the given conditions was established using response surface methodology. Using a linear regression equation (R2 = 0.999) to predict the HLB value by 10:0 content, structured MGDGs containing 27.1–54.6 mol% 10:0 were predicted to have an HLB value of 4–6, indicating their potential applicability as hydrophobic emulsifiers. Structured MGDGs with a purity of ∼ 43% w/w were obtained from the reaction products using silica column chromatography. © 2022 Elsevier Ltd
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 생활과학대학 > 식품영양학과 > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.