A server placement algorithm conscious of communication delays and relocation costs
- Shim, JH; Lee, T; Lee, SG
- Issue Date
- SPRINGER-VERLAG BERLIN
- WEB ENGINEERING AND PEER TO PEER COMPUTING, v.2376, pp.83 - 89
- Journal Title
- WEB ENGINEERING AND PEER TO PEER COMPUTING
- Start Page
- End Page
- The server placement algorithm is to locate the given number of cache servers at "proper" coordinates in the network. A typical objective to determine good locations may be simply to find the set of client clusters in which the Euclidean center of each cluster is the location of the cache server. We claim, however, that the objective should also consider 1) the network communication delays and 2) the cost of relocating cache servers, if any. We exploit both hierarchical and partitioning approaches, and present our server placement algorithm. We evaluated the performance of the algorithm, and its result is promising.
- Files in This Item
Go to Link
- Appears in
- 공과대학 > 소프트웨어학부 > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.