Molecular cloning and analysis of the hisH gene encoding glutamine amidotransferase from Corynebacterium glutamicum
- Kim, JY; Lee, MS
- Issue Date
- GENETICS SOC KOREA
- Corynebacterium glutamicum; glutamine amidotransferase; hisH gene complementation analysis
- KOREAN JOURNAL OF GENETICS, v.23, no.2, pp.121 - 127
- Journal Title
- KOREAN JOURNAL OF GENETICS
- Start Page
- End Page
- The hisH gene of Corynebacterium glutamicum encoding glutamine amidotransferase has been isolated by complementation of his auxotrophic mutant of Escherichia coli, using a C. glutamicum genomic DNA library. Cloned DNA fragments containing hisH gene can also complement hisA, hisF, and hisI auxotrophs of E. coli, suggesting that these genes are clustered in the genome. We determined the nucleotide sequences of the minimal fragment containing the hisH gene region. The gene consists of 636 bp and codes for a polypeptide of 212 amino acids with a molecular mass of about 24 kDa, showing high level of identity with reported amino acid sequences of glutamine amidotransferase from other organisms.
- Files in This Item
Go to Link
- Appears in
- 이과대학 > 생명시스템학부 > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.