중국 드라마‘무미랑전기’에 표현된 무측천의 분장 연구A Study on Makeup Coordination in the Chinese TV Series ‘the Empress of China’
- Other Titles
- A Study on Makeup Coordination in the Chinese TV Series ‘the Empress of China’
- 김지원; 장미숙
- Issue Date
- Chinese TV Series; Makeup Coordination; Tang Dynasty; The Empress of China; Wu Zetian
- 한국미용학회지, v.23, no.6, pp.1139 - 1149
- Journal Title
- Start Page
- End Page
- This study attempted to analyze Wu Zetian’s makeup coordination in the Chinese TV series ‘the Empress of China’ in comparison with clothing, hair and makeup styles at that time and have the role and value of makeup coordination re-perceived. For this, theoretical and empirical studies were conducted. The study results found the followings: First, the costume introduced in the TV series is not based on historical research. Instead, it is makeup coordination which has been reinterpreted based on Chinese traditional garments with a goal of dramatically expressing the story and characters. Second, in terms of changes in hairstyles, as she began her career as soeui for revenge, her hair was up high with a lot of decorations. In addition, clothes and hairstyles were emphasized in harmony with the color of costume.
In terms of hairstyles and hair ornaments, the factors which were in fashion from the early to the late Tang Dynasty were mixed and reinterpreted. Third, in terms of changes in makeup, makeup trend started to change since the soeui period when costume and hairstyles began to change as well. The results found that Wu Zetian’s makeup coordination in the Chinese TV series ‘the Empress of China’ changed with the development of a story which reflected changes in her social position. In addition, her characteristics were expressed in an exaggerated and dramatic manner through application and reinterpretation instead of based on historical research.
- Files in This Item
Go to Link
- Appears in
- 라이프스타일디자인학과 > 뷰티디자인전공 > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.