A Noninverting Buck-Boost Converter With State-Based Current Control for Li-ion Battery Management in Mobile Applications
- Kim, Ki-Duk; Lee, Hyung-Min; Hong, Sung-Wan; Cho, Gyu-Hyeong
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- Buck-boost converter; Li-ion battery management; state-based current control
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON INDUSTRIAL ELECTRONICS, v.66, no.12, pp.9623 - 9627
- Journal Title
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON INDUSTRIAL ELECTRONICS
- Start Page
- End Page
- In this letter, a noninverting buck-boost converter with state-based current control is proposed for Li-ion battery management. Unlike conventional multimode control in buck-boost converters, our control scheme utilizes a state controller with a single-level error current and a state checking clock to define the operation mode at every cycle. The state-based buck-boost converter enables seamless mode transition and stable output regulation with fixed interleaving patterns even when input and output voltages are similar, ensuring robust mode change with inherent hysteresis. The prototype IC was fabricated in a 0.18-mu m BCD process and achieved 90.9% efficiency with 1.1-A maximum load current capability at 1-MHz switching frequency.
- Files in This Item
Go to Link
- Appears in
- ICT융합공학부 > 전자공학전공 > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.