The Analysis and Implications of Special Selection for Special Education Subjects in Korean Universities in the Perspective of Special Education Support in America and Japan미국과 일본의 특수교육지원 관점에서 우리나라 대학의 특수교육대상자 특별전형 분석 및 시사점
- Other Titles
- 미국과 일본의 특수교육지원 관점에서 우리나라 대학의 특수교육대상자 특별전형 분석 및 시사점
- 김정희; 주동범; 이호섭
- Issue Date
- 미국 전장애아동교육법; 일본 특별지원교육; 특수교육지원자; 특별전형; Education for All Handicapped Children Act in USA; Special Needs Education in Japan; Special Education Applicant; Special Selection
- 비교교육연구, v.29, no.5, pp.27 - 48
- Journal Title
- Start Page
- End Page
- Purpose:The purpose of this study was to analyze the special selection for special education subjects in Korean universities in the perspective of special education support in America and Japan, and provide some implications.
Methods:This study examined the special education support system in America and Japan that has been implemented to expand the opportunities for higher education for persons with disabilities, and in our case, it analyzed trends in recruitment and enrollment in special selection for university special education subjects for the past 7 years(academic year 2011～2017). And, the implications were drawn with the significance of the special education support system in America and Japan to maximize the individual's ability and possibility.
Results:The special education support system in America and Japan seeks to maximize the rehabilitation and social participation of people with disabilities by diversifying their education by recognizing the diversity of students with disabilities legally and systematically and by providing education appropriate to the individual’s ability and level.
Conclusion:Based on the analysis of trends in recruitment and enrollment according to the characteristics of Korean universities and special selection, short and long-term measures should be established to identify and improve the difficulties of universities for the management and support of students admitted as special education subjects.
- Files in This Item
Go to Link
- Appears in
- 대학 > 기초교양대학 > 기초교양학부 > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.