Implementation of Crosswalk Lights Recognition System for the Blind's Safety
- Park H.; Won H.; Ou S.; Lee J.
- Issue Date
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Crosswalk Light Detection; Object Detection; Raspberry Pi; Visually Impaired; Voice Guidance
- 2019 IEEE Eurasia Conference on IOT, Communication and Engineering, ECICE 2019, pp.183 - 186
- Journal Title
- 2019 IEEE Eurasia Conference on IOT, Communication and Engineering, ECICE 2019
- Start Page
- End Page
- Recently, disabled people are exposed to various risk of traffic accidents, but, at the time of this writing, the installation rate of sound signals for the visually impaired is very low, at 57% in South Korea. In this paper, we focused on several recent services that help the visually impaired to walk safely and try to help the visually impaired through voice guidance. In this paper, we proposed crosswalk lights recognition system for the visually impaired providing real-time lights state by voice so that safe walking environment of the visually impaired can be guaranteed. We implemented crosswalk lights recognition system prototype using IoT parts like Raspberry Pi. Unlike the conventional sound guidance, we tried to provide voice guidance through crosswalk lights image recognition. The performance evaluation achieved a recognition success rate of 92.7% by day and 67.3% by night. © 2019 IEEE.
- Files in This Item
Go to Link
- Appears in
- ICT융합공학부 > IT공학전공 > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.