토끼에서 ACAT 억제에 의한 3,4-다이하이드록시 하이드로시나믹산의 동맥경화 완화 효과Attenuation of Atherosclerosis by 3,4-Dihydroxy- Hydrocinnamic Acid in Rabbits by Partial Inhibition of ACAT
- Other Titles
- Attenuation of Atherosclerosis by 3,4-Dihydroxy- Hydrocinnamic Acid in Rabbits by Partial Inhibition of ACAT
- 이미란; 최재훈; 양영; 오기숙; 정태숙; 이철호; 오구택
- Issue Date
- Atherosclerosis; 3; 4-dihydroxy-hydrocinnamic acid; Animal models; Acyl-CoA:cholesterol acyltransferase; High density lipoprotein
- 대한임상검사과학회지, v.48, no.4, pp.280 - 286
- Journal Title
- Start Page
- End Page
- Polyphenols have been reported to have beneficial effects on cardiovascular disease. A polyphenolic compound, 3,4-dihydroxy-hydrocinnamic acid (3,4-DHHCA), has been shown to have antioxidative and antitumorigenic activities. However, the effect of 3,4-DHHCA on atherosclerosis is still unknown. Herein, we investigated the effects of 3,4-DHHCA on atherosclerosis in New Zealand White rabbits. Broad and fused fatty streak lesions were found in rabbits fed with high-cholesterol diet for 8 weeks. Administration of 3,4-DHHCA reduced atherosclerotic lesion formation and lesional accum-ulation of macrophage in rabbits fed with cholesterol diet without systemic or local toxicity. Hepatic acyl-coenzyme A: cholesterol acyltransferase (ACAT) activity was decreased after treatment with 3,4-DHHCA by 22% in cholesterol diet-fed rabbits compared with the control group. These results indicate that 3,4-DHHCA had antiatherogenic effects in rabbits, possibly by partial inhibition of ACAT.
- Files in This Item
Go to Link
- Appears in
- 이과대학 > 생명시스템학부 > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.