Inter-coarse-grained reconfigurable architecture reconfiguration technique for efficient pipelining of kernel-stream on coarse-grained reconfigurable architecture-based multi-core architecture
- Kim, Yoonjin; Joo, Hyejin; Yoon, Sohyun
- Issue Date
- INST ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY-IET
- reconfigurable architectures; pipeline processing; multiprocessing systems; power consumption; inter-coarse-grained reconfigurable architecture; efficient pipelining; kernel stream; multicore architecture; kernel-level parallelism; energy consumption; performance bottleneck; resource utilisation; ring-based sharing fabric
- IET CIRCUITS DEVICES & SYSTEMS, v.10, no.4, pp.251 - 265
- Journal Title
- IET CIRCUITS DEVICES & SYSTEMS
- Start Page
- End Page
- Coarse-grained reconfigurable architecture (CGRA)-based multi-core architecture aims at achieving high performance by kernel-level parallelism (KLP). However, the existing CGRA-based multi-core architectures suffer from high energy consumption and performance bottleneck when trying to exploit the KLP because of poor resource utilisation caused by insufficient flexibility. In this study, the authors propose a new ring-based sharing fabric (RSF) to boost their flexibility level for the efficient resource utilisation focusing on the kernel-stream type of the KLP. In addition, they introduce a novel inter-CGRA reconfiguration technique for the efficient pipelining of kernel-stream based on the RSF. Experimental results show that the proposed approaches improve performance by up to 88.8% and reduce energy by up to 48.2% when compared with the conventional CGRA-based multi-core architectures.
- Files in This Item
Go to Link
- Appears in
- 공과대학 > 소프트웨어학부 > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.