Virtual Prototyping of Area-Based Fast Image Stitching Algorithm
- Lakshmi Kalyani Mudragada; Kye-Shin Lee; 김병규
- Issue Date
- Area-Based Fast Image Stitching; Hardware Platform; Virtual Hardware; Virtual Prototyping
- Journal of Multimedia Information System, v.6, no.1, pp.7 - 14
- Journal Title
- Journal of Multimedia Information System
- Start Page
- End Page
- This work presents a virtual prototyping design approach for an area-based image stitching hardware. The virtual hardware obtained from virtual prototyping is equivalent to the conceptual algorithm, yet the conceptual blocks are linked to the actual circuit components including the memory, logic gates, and arithmetic units. Through the proposed method, the overall structure, size, and computation speed of the actual hardware can be estimated in the early design stage. As a result, the optimized virtual hardware facilitates the hardware implementation by eliminating trail design and redundant simulation steps to optimize the hardware performance. In order to verify the feasibility of the proposed method, the virtual hardware of an image stitching platform has been realized, where it required 10,522,368 clock cycles to stitch two 1280 × 1024 sized images. Furthermore, with a clock frequency of 250MHz, the estimated computation time of the proposed virtual hardware is 0.877sec, which is 10x faster than the software-based image stitch platform using MATLAB.
- Files in This Item
Go to Link
- Appears in
- ICT융합공학부 > IT공학전공 > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.