Effect of Y addition on Glass Forming Ability and Magnetic Properties in Fe-based Amorphous Ribbons
- Kim, Jihye; Kim, Sumin; Yim, Haein-Choi
- Issue Date
- KOREAN MAGNETICS SOC
- Fe-based; amorphous; glass forming ability; Y addition
- JOURNAL OF MAGNETICS, v.23, no.4, pp.541 - 545
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF MAGNETICS
- Start Page
- End Page
- In the present study, the effect of Y addition on the glass forming ability and magnetic properties of [Fe0.75B0.20Si0.05](100-x)Y-x (x = 0, 1, 2, 3, 4) amorphous ribbons were investigated. The ribbons of 2 mm in width and 30 pm in thickness were obtained using the melt spinning technique. All ribbons were identified as fully amorphous by using X-ray diffraction. The thermal properties, including glass transition temperature, crystallization temperature, and supercooled liquid region, were measured by differential scanning calorimetry and thermomechanical analysis. The results showed that, with an increase of the Y content, the supercooled liquid region broadened, indicating an improvement of glass forming ability. The magnetic properties of the amorphous ribbons were measured by a vibrating sample magnetometer. In addition, it was confirmed that, with an increase of the Y content, coercivity tended to decrease.
- Files in This Item
Go to Link
- Appears in
- ICT융합공학부 > 응용물리전공 > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.