X-ray scattering study on the electric field-induced interfacial magnetic anisotropy modulation at CoFeB / MgO interfaces
- Song, Kyung Mee; Kim, Dong-Ok; Kim, Jae-Sung; Lee, Dong Ryeol; Choi, Jun Woo
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- Spintronics; Magnetic anisotropy; X-ray scattering; Electric field control of magnetism
- CURRENT APPLIED PHYSICS, v.18, no.11, pp.1212 - 1217
- Journal Title
- CURRENT APPLIED PHYSICS
- Start Page
- End Page
- The electric field-induced modifications of magnetic anisotropy in CoFeB/MgO systems are studied using X-ray resonant magnetic scattering and magneto-optical Kerr effect. Voltage dependent changes of the magnetic anisotropy of -12.7 fJ/Vm and - 8.32 fJ/Vm are observed for Ta/CoFeB/MgO and Hf/CoFeB/MgO systems, respectively. This implies that the interfacial perpendicular magnetic anisotropy is reduced (enhanced) when electron density is increased (decreased). X-ray resonant magnetic scattering measurements reveal that the small in-plane magnetic component of the remanent state of CoFeB/MgO systems with weak magnetic anisotropy changes depending on the applied voltage leading to modification of the magnetic anisotropy at the CoFeB/MgO interface.
- Files in This Item
Go to Link
- Appears in
- ICT융합공학부 > 응용물리전공 > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.