올벼쌀 첨가 푸딩의 항산화 활성 및 품질 특성Antioxidant Activities and Quality Characteristics of Pudding Added with Olbyeossal
- Other Titles
- Antioxidant Activities and Quality Characteristics of Pudding Added with Olbyeossal
- 이현주; 심기현
- Issue Date
- Olbyeossal; pudding; antioxidant activity; quality characteristics
- 한국식품영양학회지, v.31, no.5, pp.587 - 597
- Journal Title
- Start Page
- End Page
- The quality characteristics of pudding products comprising of Korean Olbyossal (traditional steamed rice), added at different percentages, were examined to explore the application of Olbyossal to develop different types of processed food products.
Five groups of pudding were produced containing 0%, 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100% of Olbyossal. Evaluation of their quality characteristics and antioxidant activities revealed that the control group (with no added Olbyossal) had the highest moisture content and pH (p<0.001). The sugar content and turbidity was highest in the 100% Olbyossal group and lowest in the control group (p<0.001). The salinity was lowest in the 100% Olbyossal group (p<0.001). In terms of color values, the L-value (p<0.001) and a-value were highest in the control group, while the b-value was highest in the 100% group (p<0.001).
Texture properties revealed that hardness (p<0.001), springiness (p<0.01), and chewiness (p<0.001) decreased as the percentage of Olbyossal increased. Increase in adhesiveness was noted with an increase in the percentage of Olbyossal (p<0.01). Based on the sensory evaluation of Olbyossal pudding in terms of appearance (p<0.05), flavor (p<0.05), taste (p<0.01), texture (p<0.001), and overall quality (p<0.001), the 100% group showed the best results. Examination of Olbyossal pudding revealed that antioxidant activities, radical scavenging activities for DPPH and superoxide anion, and reducing power increased as the percentage of Olbyossal increased (p<0.001). Therefore, pudding containing 100% Olbyossal is considered as the ideal product with reference to the high level of preference and product quality.
- Files in This Item
Go to Link
- Appears in
- 전통예술학과 > 전통식생활문화전공 > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.