A Simple and Rapid UPLC-PDA Method for Quality Control of Nardostachys jatamansi
- Zhang, Weize; Nan, Guo; Wu, Hong-Hua; Jiang, Miaomiao; Li, Tian-Xiang; Wang, Meng; Gao, Xiu-Mei; Zhu, Yan; Song, Yun Seon; Wang, Jiaming; Xu, Yan-Tong
- Issue Date
- GEORG THIEME VERLAG KG
- Nardostachys jatamansi; Caprifoliaceae; UPLC-PDA; serotonin transporter; quality control
- PLANTA MEDICA, v.84, no.8, pp.536 - 543
- Journal Title
- PLANTA MEDICA
- Start Page
- End Page
- Nardostachys jatamansi is a well-documented herbal agent used to treat digestive and neuropsychiatric disorders in oriental medicinal systems. However, few simple, rapid, and comprehensive methods were reported for quality assessment and control of N. jatamansi. Herein, a UPLC with photodiode array detection method was developed for both fingerprint investigation of N. jatamansi and simultaneous quantitative analysis of the six serotonin transporter modulatory constituents in N. jatamansi. For chromatographic fingerprinting, 24 common peaks were selected as characteristic peaks to assess the consistency of N. jatamansi samples from different retail sources. Six of the common peaks (5, 7, 12, and 16-18) were identified as desoxo-narchinol A, buddleoside, isonardosinone, nardosinone, kanshone H, and (-)-aristolone, respectively, by phytochemical investigation. Five of the six compounds significantly either enhanced or inhibited serotonin transporter activity, while (-)-aristolone (18) didn ' t show any serotonin transporter activity. In quantitative analysis, the six compounds showed good linearity (r > 0.999) within test ranges. The precision, expressed as relative standard deviation, was in the range of 0.25-2.77%, and the recovery of the method was in the range of 92-105%. The UPLC-photodiode array detection-based fingerprint analysis and quantitative methods reported here could be used for routine quality control of N. jatamansi.
- Files in This Item
Go to Link
- Appears in
- 약학대학 > 약학부 > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.