베이비붐 세대의 성인기 자녀에 대한 자원 제공과 노후 준비에 관한 연구Baby boomers’ resource transfer of their adult children and level of later-life preparation
- Other Titles
- Baby boomers’ resource transfer of their adult children and level of later-life preparation
- 고은비; 계선자
- Issue Date
- baby boomer; later-life preparation; family relationship satisfaction; children’s marital status; 베이비붐 세대; 노후준비; 가족관계 만족도; 자녀결혼
- 한국가족자원경영학회지, v.22, no.1, pp.23 - 37
- Journal Title
- Start Page
- End Page
- This study aimed to investigate resource transfer for baby boomers’ adult children and related factors pertaining to baby boomers’ later-life preparation. This study was conducted in 2016 using written questionnaires completed by 405 baby boomers residing in Seoul and metropolitan cities in South Korea. The data were analyzed using IBM SPSS Statistics 23.0 and the following statistical methods: frequency, percentiles, the mean, standard deviation, a t-test, one-way ANOVA, Cronbach’s alpha, and hierarchical multiple linear regression analysis. Baby boomers’ average level of later-life preparation was found to be 3.45/5, a relatively rational score. Baby boomers tended to transfer more resource from their adult children when they had many adult children, were more satisfied with their romantic relationship. Baby boomers’ level of later-life preparation was higher when there was lesser resource transfer of their adult children. The greatest influential variables pertaining to the respondents’ later-life preparation were their family’s income, children’s marital status, satisfaction with their romantic relationship, and level of transfer from their adult children. It was concluded that baby boomers have insufficient later-life preparation in terms of finances due to their need to support their adult children; thus, nation-wide practical programs are needed to prepare baby boomers for a happy life.
- Files in This Item
Go to Link
- Appears in
- 생활과학대학 > 가족자원경영학과 > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.