Q방법론에 의한 궁중음식 전문점 조리사 및 운영자의 궁중음식 인식 분석Analysis of Korean Restaurant Employees’ Perception of Korean Royal Cuisine using Q Methodology
- Other Titles
- Analysis of Korean Restaurant Employees’ Perception of Korean Royal Cuisine using Q Methodology
- 정서영; 정희선
- Issue Date
- Q methodology; Korean royal cuisine; Korean restaurant; Employees; Perception.
- Culinary Science & Hospitality Research, v.23, no.7, pp.71 - 79
- Journal Title
- Culinary Science & Hospitality Research
- Start Page
- End Page
- This paper presented analysis on the perception by Korean restaurant employees of Korean royal cuisine.
Classification using a subjective research method called Q methodology was performed on perceptions of Korean restaurant employees about Korean royal cuisine. This paper derived four types of perceptions.
First type (pursuit of tradition) emphasized traditions of royal cuisine, i.e. cooking method and spacious menu-setting on the table. The second type (pursuit of refinement) stressed the importance of “atmosphere and luxuriousness of Korean restaurants and sophistication of royal cuisine, as well as the improvement of interior and exterior environments of Korean restaurants serving royal cuisine. The third type (pursuit of fundamentals) focused on fundamentals of royal cuisine itself such as raw materials, sincere effort, historical meaning, appropriate prices, etc. The last type (pursuit of health) valued a nutritionally balanced diet rather than taste itself. This study provides more specific positioning strategy based on the characteristics of each of the four classifications for the status of Korean restaurants.
- Files in This Item
Go to Link
- Appears in
- 전통예술학과 > 전통식생활문화전공 > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.