中國 淸代의 부채와 朝鮮時代 부채의 扇錘에 나타난 造形的 特性과 裝身具文化에 관한 小考Study on Use of Sajaseongeo and Accessory Culture shown in Chinese Qing Dynasty Fans and Chosun Dynasty Fans of Sunchoo
- Other Titles
- Study on Use of Sajaseongeo and Accessory Culture shown in Chinese Qing Dynasty Fans and Chosun Dynasty Fans of Sunchoo
- Issue Date
- fan; sun choo. the cursive style; knot; tassel; ornament
- 중국문화연구, no.27, pp.21 - 50
- Journal Title
- Start Page
- End Page
- The purpose of this study is to study the decorative beauty and practicality ofSunchoo, which accentuated fans in the traditional fan culture of Korean and China, andto suggest design cases of modern accessories that incorporate Chinese and Koreanancestors' attitude towards life, beauty, and taste for the arts. In particular, variouspatterns and their symbolic meanings on fans of Chinese Qing dynasty and Chosundynasty shall be investigated. This study was conducted mainly with late Chosundynasty fan Sunchoo which had become more diverse than before as well as Qingdynasty fans, which were the more glamorous one among Chinese fans. Theoreticalcontemplation of the study include first; the etymology of the word fan, origin, andnaming of the parts. Second, examination of the origin and meaning of Sunchoo and itsdecorative development possibilities; third, formative analysis of Sunchoo andcontemplation of its structure, form, various functions and materials, pattern andmeaning. In the design study the Choseochae, one of the traditional calligraphy fonts,is utilized as Sunchoo's main motif in the design that realize the innate symbolicmeaning of four character idioms. Such research process is to seek the succession ofSunchoo's beauty and sophistication and its development potential as contemporaryaccessory. Design research included the development of 7 different styles of necklacesthat implemented the Sunchoo structure of main body-knot-tassel and the beauty ofChoseochae, one of the traditional calligraphy techniques, was used to utilize fourcharacter idiom as Sunchoo's main decoration. Silver and brass were used as mainingredients while various metal chains, beads, stones, etc, were used also. The purposeof this study is to take a look at the sophistication, class, decorative values, andpracticality of Sunchoo, which made our fans that glamorized Chosun and Qing dynastyeven more elegant and produce modern accessories which make use of such Sunchooto further and develop contemporary accessories.
- Files in This Item
Go to Link
- Appears in
- 미술대학 > 공예과 > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.