친인척위탁부모의 위탁부모역할 인식에 관한 연구The Study for Foster Parents' Role Perception of kinship Caregiver
- Other Titles
- The Study for Foster Parents' Role Perception of kinship Caregiver
- 정혜선; 최운선
- Issue Date
- foster care; kinship care; foster parents' role perception; 가정위탁; 친인척위탁; 위탁부모역할 인식
- 한국가족관계학회지, v.11, no.1, pp.57 - 77
- Journal Title
- Start Page
- End Page
- The purpose of this study was to explore the foster parents' role perception of kinship caregiver. Participants were 114 cases of foster parents in kinship care. The instruments used for this study were FPRP(Foster Parents' Role Perception, 1993), Child Welfare League of America Standards of Excellence for Family Foster Care Service, and common elements extracted from range of foster parents role presented by various Foster Care Manuel. These measures have been properly translated and used for Korean situation.The data were analyzed using descriptive statistics, frequency analysis, t-test and One-Way ANOVA. The major findings of this study were as follows:First, foster parents were mostly old-aged, low-educated and low-income, and their housing environment was unstable. The most difficult thing that foster parents experienced was economic responsibility. The average age of fostering children were mostly teens who needed to learn at school. The major reasons of foster care were father’s death, mother’s divorce and remarriage. The periods of foster care experience were long exceeding 5 years, and 80.4% of survey respondents never meet their birth parents. The kinship foster care characteristics according to type of foster home have significant differnece by foster parents age, education, occupational conditions, economic levelSecond, the rearing, discipline, social and emotional support which were subordinate factors of the foster parents' role perception have significant difference by foster type. Third, the foster parents' role perception has significant difference by the economic level of the kinship care. Finally, the foster parents' role perception has significant difference by the foster parent education in kinship care.
- Files in This Item
Go to Link
- Appears in
- ETC > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.