해외 뉴스 매체에서 다양화하는 한국의 브랜드 이미지Korea’s Diversifying Brand Images In Foreign News Media
- Other Titles
- Korea’s Diversifying Brand Images In Foreign News Media
- Issue Date
- 국제 뉴스; 국가 브랜드; 국가 이미지; 한국 브랜드 이미지; 뉴스 서술; international news; national brand; national image; Korea’s brand image; news narratives
- 광고학연구, v.25, no.2, pp.91 - 115
- Journal Title
- Start Page
- End Page
- When covering foreign places, news media often follow their home countries’ ideologies and government policies to protect and promote national interests. As a result, international news tends to be more subjective than domestic news. U.S. media, for example, are found to have supported U.S. foreign policies in covering foreign countries or affairs. Because of this trend, news media from different countries cover the same foreign countries differently, creating different brand images of even the same nations. To see whether this pattern can be also found in foreign news media’s coverage of Korea, this paper analyzed Korea’s brand images in selected news media from the U.S., U.K., Japan and China.
The results showed significant differences in Korea’s brand images in different foreign news media. Depending upon their home governments’ relations with and policies toward Korea, the news media reported on Korea quite differently. U.S. media were found to show the most favorable brand image of Korea, followed by those from Japan, China and the U.K. National differences were also found in their news topics, news makers, news sources and news narratives. The findings suggest that Korea’s overseas brand images are becoming more diverse as a result of its diverse relations with foreign countries.
- Files in This Item
Go to Link
- Appears in
- TESOL·국제학대학원 > 국제관계학과 > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.