On Knowledge of Binding Principles A and B by Adult Korean Learners of EnglishOn Knowledge of Binding Principles A and B by Adult Korean Learners of English
- Other Titles
- On Knowledge of Binding Principles A and B by Adult Korean Learners of English
- Willian Rago; 유석훈; 오은정
- Issue Date
- reflexives; pronouns; Binding Principles A and B; Principle P
- 언어와언어학, no.51, pp.129 - 156
- Journal Title
- Start Page
- End Page
- In her study on the acquisition of Principle B with adult French- and Japanese-speaking learners of English, White (1998) showed that in adult SLA Principle B is not problematic, that Principles A and B emerge together, and suggested adults have Principle P. In their study of Sensitive Period Effects Lee and Schacter (1997) suggested that their adult Korean-speaking learners of English did not make the distinction between coindexation and coreference; Principle A emerges before B. This study partially replicates Lee and Schacter (1997) with three proficiency groups of adult Korean speakers and shows that knowledge of Principles A and B are shown to emerge together.
- Files in This Item
Go to Link
- Appears in
- 특수대학원 > TESOL대학원 > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.