‘참된 교수방법’이 영어 학업성취에 미치는 영향: 중학생 인식을 바탕으로The Effects of Authentic Instruction on English Achievement
- Other Titles
- The Effects of Authentic Instruction on English Achievement
- 박소영; 민병철
- Issue Date
- Authentic instruction; Educational gap; Additive effect; Differential effect; ‘참된 교수방법’; 교육격차; 위계적선형모형; 가산적 효과; 차별적 효과
- 한국교육, v.35, no.4, pp.131 - 151
- Journal Title
- Start Page
- End Page
- The purpose of this study was to explore the possibility of applying authentic instruction in order to reduce the educational gap. For this, the additive and the differential effects of authentic instruction on English achievement were analyzed. For analysis, KELS (Korean Educational Longitudinal Study) panel data, which has been collected since 2005, were used. The total number of students analyzed was 5,889 after cases without follow-up information were excluded. Two-level HLM (Hierarchical Linear Modeling) was employed for analysis. The results showed that there was an additive effect of authentic instruction with no controlling variables. However, the size of the effect decreased as soon as the controlling variables were added. The differential effect of authentic instruction at the school level was consistent. Therefore, authentic instruction might be a good policy choice to reduce the educational gap between high and low SES students.
- Files in This Item
Go to Link
- Appears in
- 문과대학 > 교육학부 > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.