새터민의 언어에 대한 연구A study of Language of Saeteomin(North Koreans in South Korea)
- Other Titles
- A study of Language of Saeteomin(North Koreans in South Korea)
- Issue Date
- North Korean; saeteomin; language assimilation; loan words; interview; North Korean; saeteomin; language assimilation; loan words; interview
- 사회언어학, v.15, no.2, pp.141 - 161
- Journal Title
- Start Page
- End Page
- Yi, Hong-shik. 2007. A study of Language of Saeteomin(North Koreans in South Korea). The Sociolinguistic Journal of Korea 15(2). This study is to understand North Koreans' language assimilation process in South Korea. 10 North Koreans participated in the interviews. Most of North Koreans seriously recognize language differences and put their effort to overcome the differences. They think that proper language use is very important in their adjustment process. Most of them are not satisfied with their current job but very confident of better future. According to the results form this research, North Koreans who arrived earlier perform better in the language assimilation process on the whole. Also, it is found that North Koreans with higher educational background and stronger will to adapt themselves score better in the test of language assimilations.
- Files in This Item
Go to Link
- Appears in
- 문과대학 > 한국어문학부 > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.