Scientific Approach to Fashion Websites Using Eye Trackers
- Seunghee Lee; Jung Won Choi
- Issue Date
- eye tracking method; visual attention; internet shopping mall layout; heat map; neuroscience
- 패션비즈니스, v.24, no.6, pp.63 - 79
- Journal Title
- Start Page
- End Page
- This study analyze consumers’ unconscious visual attention to color and images of internet shopping malls by using eye-tracking method. Twenty-nine participants, including 15 females and 14 males, participated. The average ages of the male and female participants were 27.3 years and 27.7 years, respectively. Ten images of five layouts (multi-composition images, single-model images, gender-composed images, videos, and moving banner images) of internet shopping malls were shown on an eye-tracker computer screen. Quantitative analyses of the eye-tracking responses were conducted. SPSS was used to analyze the descriptive characteristics and to conduct an independent-sample t-test, along with an ANOVA. The data analysis showed that the image area generally had the shortest time to first fixation (TFF), the longest duration of fixation (DOF), the highest number of fixations (NOF), and the highest numbers of revisits(NOR).Notably, visual attention towards female models was high among various images. The results can be used to improve credibility and design online shopping layout with a scientific evidence that helps consumers through their purchase decisions.
- Files in This Item
Go to Link
- Appears in
- 생활과학대학 > 의류학과 > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.