An Output Capacitorless Low-Dropout Regulator With a Low-V-DD Inverting Buffer for the Mobile Application
- Park, Jieun; Lee, Byunghun; Hong, Sung-Wan
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- Buffer; capacitorless; low-dropout regulator (LDO); low-V-DD structure; power supply rejection ratio (PSRR)
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON INDUSTRIAL ELECTRONICS, v.67, no.10, pp.8931 - 8935
- Journal Title
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON INDUSTRIAL ELECTRONICS
- Start Page
- End Page
- To provide power to the latest mobile applications that use functions with heavy loads, in this letter, we present a capacitorless low-dropout regulator (LDO) that supplies a large load current up to 600 mA. The proposed buffer and the feedforward paths are used to provide a stable operation and fast response along with a large load current. Owing to these schemes, the proposed LDO has a high unity gain frequency of 2.85 MHz at 100 mA with a total compensation capacitance of 5.1 pF. In addition, the LDO operates under a wide input voltage range of 1.5-5.0 V owing to the low-V-DD structure. Also, a power supply rejection ratio was -52 dB at 100 kHz. The chip was implemented with a small size of 0.082 mm(2) using the I/O devices of a 0.18 mu m CMOS process with a minimum length of 0.5 mu m.
- Files in This Item
Go to Link
- Appears in
- ICT융합공학부 > 전자공학전공 > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.