Nanopatterning by multiple-ion-beam sputtering
- Joe, M.; Kim, J-H; Choi, C.; Kahng, B.; Kim, J-S
- Issue Date
- IOP PUBLISHING LTD
- JOURNAL OF PHYSICS-CONDENSED MATTER, v.21, no.22
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF PHYSICS-CONDENSED MATTER
- We conducted a systematic study on nanopatterning by multiple-ion-beam sputtering, focusing on the superposition of the simple patterns formed by individual ion beams. When Au(001) is simultaneously sputtered by two ion beams at grazing incidence, both nanodot and nanohole patterns are obtained. If a rippled surface is subsequently sputtered at normal incidence, a nanobead pattern is obtained. All of the obtained patterns consist of the nanopatterns formed by individual ion beams; however, the superposition of nanopatterns is not realized in its ideal form. We also discuss the microscopic mechanism of pattern formation by multiple-ion-beam sputtering, and consider the questions and possibilities remaining to be explored.
- Files in This Item
Go to Link
- Appears in
- ICT융합공학부 > 응용물리전공 > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.