한국 전통복식 조형에 나타난 프랙탈적 현상The Fractal Phenomenon appeared in the Formativeness of Korean Traditional Costume
- Other Titles
- The Fractal Phenomenon appeared in the Formativeness of Korean Traditional Costume
- 김소희; 채금석
- Issue Date
- Fractal geometry; Korean traditional costume; Formative principle; Han thought; Korean cosmology; 프랙탈 기하학; 한국 전통복식; 조형원리; 한사상; 한국 우주관
- 한국의상디자인학회지, v.18, no.3, pp.165 - 181
- Journal Title
- Start Page
- End Page
- This study looks into the Korean traditional costume formation and the thoughts of the Korean people that form the foundation of that Korean traditional costume formation. And the goal of this study is in linking the thoughts and formative characteristics reflected in the Korean traditional costume formation to the fractal geometry, in an attempt to reveal correlation between Korean traditional costume formation which have existed for thousands of years to contemporary science of the West. The fractal theory that appeared as the new paradigm of contemporary science displayed similarities with the traditional ideologies of Korea, and the fact that formation principles of fractal appear in the formation of Korean costume, formed based on the Korean ideologies, show magnanimous capacity of the traditional Korean culture. When we look at the concept of fractal, the word fractal refers to the structure in which the shape repeats, where small structure is similar to the whole structure in form in endlessly repeating structure. In other words, ‘fractal’ means a structure that geometrically untangles the concept of ‘self-similarity’ which possesses the same shape in parts and in whole, and its major characteristics include ‘self-similarity’, ‘circularity’ and ‘repeatability’. Korean costumes were formed based on the Han-thoughts, with a structure that possesses parts within the whole and the whole within parts, in accordance with the self-similarity theory of ‘fractal’. This study comparedstudied fractal phenomenon which appear in formation characteristics of Korean traditional costume, which were formed based on the Korean traditional ideology, in other words, Korean costume formation and formation principles of fractal geometry were comparedstudied.
- Files in This Item
Go to Link
- Appears in
- 생활과학대학 > 의류학과 > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.