Peroxide Bond Cleavage of Nonheme Iron-(Hydro/Alkyl) Peroxo Complexes Induced by Endogenous and Exogenous Factorsopen access
- Jeon, Hyeri; Hong, Seungwoo
- Issue Date
- CHEMICAL SOC JAPAN
- Peroxide bond cleavage; Homolysis; Heterolysis
- CHEMISTRY LETTERS, v.48, no.2, pp.80 - 85
- Journal Title
- CHEMISTRY LETTERS
- Start Page
- End Page
- The O-O bond cleavage of peroxide ligands such as hydroperoxide and alkylperoxide within metalloenzymes has been extensively investigated because this process constitutes the key step of dioxygen activation and cellular respiration in all forms of aerobic organisms. Herein, we have provided mechanistic insights into the O-O bond cleavage of iron-(hydro/alkyl)peroxo complexes that was promoted by endogenous and exogenous factors such as spin-state, axial ligand, and electron donors. It has been shown that these factors can effectively direct the O-O bond cleaving pathways (e.g., Fe-O bond cleavage vs O-O bond cleavage or homolysis vs heterolysis). These results support that the peroxide bond cleavage process might proceed via diverse pathways under biological reaction conditions.
- Files in This Item
Go to Link
- Appears in
- 이과대학 > 화학과 > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.