Bacterial cellulose as promising biomaterial and its application
- Song J.E.; 김혜림
- Issue Date
- Acetobacter; Bacterial cellulose; Biomedical; Nanostructure; Textile
- Advances in Textile Biotechnology, pp.263 - 277
- Journal Title
- Advances in Textile Biotechnology
- Start Page
- End Page
- Bacterial cellulose (BC) is produced by bacteria such as Acetobacter xylinum, Acetobacter, and Gluconobacter xylinus. BC has excellent mechanical strength, tridimensional nanostructure, high purity, and high porosity. Corresponding to these unique properties, BC has been applied in various industry fields. In this chapter, we introduced how to produce BC and various end uses of BC; we summarized the various applications of BC in research and commercial fields, not only in biomedical fields but also in cosmetic, electronic device, and textile fields. BC has a lot of potential as new types of biomaterial and its function and application will be broadened. © 2019 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Files in This Item
Go to Link
- Appears in
- 생활과학대학 > 의류학과 > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.