학문 목적 한국어 학습자를 위한 단락 쓰기 교육 효과 연구The Effects of Teaching Paragraph Writing for Korean Language Learners of Academic Purposes
- Other Titles
- The Effects of Teaching Paragraph Writing for Korean Language Learners of Academic Purposes
- Issue Date
- Korean Language Learners of Academic Purposes; Teaching Paragraph Writing; Verifying The Effectiveness of Class; The Deductive Method Class; Dividing Paragraphs; Sequencing Paragraphs; Arranging Sentences Within Paragraphs; 학문 목적 한국어 학습자; 단락 쓰기 교육; 수업의 효용성 검증; 연역적 방식의 수업; 단락 나누기; 단락 배열; 단락 내 문장 배열
- 한국언어문학, no.109, pp.227 - 264
- Journal Title
- Start Page
- End Page
- The purpose of this study is to investigate the usefulness and effectiveness of teaching Korean paragraph writing. The study’s ultimate goal is to evaluate the usefulness and effectiveness of Korean paragraph writing teaching methods that have been suggested in previous studies and to ultimately improve upon them. The classes were held a total of 10 times for 75 minutes each and each class consisted of 33 exchange students whose Korean language levels were either intermediate or advanced. Classes were conducted in a deductive manner, with the following goals; learn the sentence structure of the Korean language, learn how to use appropriate Korean writing styles, learn how to write a paragraph in Korean with unity and cohesion, understand writing tasks and arrange the paragraphs to suit the task of writing. As for the materials, “Sogang Korean Writing 2 for Academic Purpose" was used, and an adjunct textbook reflecting on the achievements of the previous researches and other academic writing materials was also included.
Of the 33 learners, 30 were evaluated with the exception of the three who failed to participate in a diagnostic or summative assessment. The students' writing results were rated as high(7), middle-high(5), middle-low(3) and low(1) based on the performance of the writing tasks, the use of written language, the division of paragraphs, the arrangement of paragraphs, and the arrangement of sentences within paragraphs.
The analysis results showed learners improved writing skills; writing task performance, use of written language, dividing and arranging paragraphs properly, and writing a unified paragraph. In particular, learners significantly improved their literary skills and their ability to arrange sentences in paragraphs that were practiced several times in class were also analyzed to shown to have improved.
The results of the survey showed that the learners thought their writing skills had improved through their classes and helped specifically in terms of sentence composition, usage of written language and paragraph composition in Korean. These results mean that the achievements of Korean language education to improve upon academic learners' ability to write paragraphs in Korean are indeed valid.
- Files in This Item
Go to Link
- Appears in
- ETC > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.