여대생의 퍼스널 이미지 만족도와 구직효능감과의 관계에서 외모관리행동의 매개효과Mediation Effect of Appearance Management Behavior on the Relationship between Satisfaction of Personal Image and Job Search Efficacy among Female College Students
- Other Titles
- Mediation Effect of Appearance Management Behavior on the Relationship between Satisfaction of Personal Image and Job Search Efficacy among Female College Students
- Issue Date
- 퍼스널 이미지 만족도; 외모관리행동; 구직효능감; satisfaction of personal image; appearance management behavior; job search efficacy
- 패션 비즈니스, v.22, no.4, pp.160 - 177
- Journal Title
- 패션 비즈니스
- Start Page
- End Page
- The objective of this study was to investigate mediation effect of appearance management behavior on the relationship between satisfaction of personal image and job search efficacy. Based on previous studies on components of personal image, appearance management behaviors, and job search efficacy, questionnaire items were developed. For this study, we conducted a questionnaire survey among 422 students from women's university in Seoul. Statistical analyses were performed using SPSS 23. Results are as follows. First, there were positive and moderate bivariate correlations among satisfaction of personal image, appearance management behavior, and job search efficacy. Second, satisfaction of personal image was found to have a partially significant effect on job search efficacy while satisfaction of internal image, visual image, and social image had a positive effect on job search skill. Satisfaction of internal image had a positive effect on job search strength. However, satisfaction of visual image or social image did not have a significant effect on job search strength. Third, fashion management behavior among components appearance management behavior could partially mediate the relationship between satisfaction of personal image and job search efficacy, indicating that satisfaction of internal image and visual image among components personal image not only has a direct effect on job search skill among job search efficacy, but also has an indirect effect on job search skill by affecting fashion management behavior. These results suggest that it is important to build personal image effectively and increase satisfaction with oneself through active appearance management behavior to improve job search efficacy.
- Files in This Item
Go to Link
- Appears in
- 대학 > 기초교양대학 > 기초교양학부 > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.