Algorithms for efficient digital media transmission over IoT and cloud networking
- 김병규; CHRISTOS STERGIOU; KOSTAS E. PSANNIS; ANDREAS P. PLAGERAS; YUTAKA ISHIBASHI
- Issue Date
- Cloud Computing; Internet of Things; Digital Media; Efficient Transmission; CloudSim; Contiki OS; Cooja
- Journal of Multimedia Information System, v.5, no.1, pp.27 - 34
- Journal Title
- Journal of Multimedia Information System
- Start Page
- End Page
- In recent years, with the blooming of Internet of Things (IoT) and Cloud Computing (CC), researchers have begun to discover new methods of technological support in all areas (e.g. health, transport, education, etc.). In this paper, in order to achieve a type of network that will provide more intelligent media-data transfer new technologies were studied. Additionally, we have been studied the use of various open source tools, such as CC analyzers and simulators. These tools are useful for studying the collection, the storage, the management, the processing, and the analysis of large volumes of data. The simulation platform which have been used for our research is CloudSim, which runs on Eclipse software. Thus, after measuring the network performance with CloudSim, we also use the Cooja emulator of the Contiki OS, with the aim to confirm and access more metrics and options. More specifically, we have implemented a network topology from a small section of the script of CloudSim with Cooja, so that we can test a single network segment. The results of our experimental procedure show that there are not duplicated packets received during the procedure. This research could be a start point for better and more efficient media data transmission.
- Files in This Item
Go to Link
- Appears in
- ICT융합공학부 > IT공학전공 > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.