Melphalan Modulates the Expression of E7-Specific Biomarkers in E7-Tg Mice
- Kim, Eun Jin; Kim, Heejong; Lee, Sojung; Kang, Jeong Woo; Lee, Dong Hun; Choi, Hee Sook; Kim, Jin Man; Yang, Young; Sheen, Yhun Yhong; Park, Sue Nie; Yoon, Do Young
- Issue Date
- INT INST ANTICANCER RESEARCH
- Cancer; E7 oncogene; Melphalan; Proteomics; Tg mouse
- ANTICANCER RESEARCH, v.30, no.7, pp.2773 - 2783
- Journal Title
- ANTICANCER RESEARCH
- Start Page
- End Page
- HPV oncoproteins are selectively retained and expressed in HPV infected carcinoma cells. The oncoprotein interacts with the tumour suppressor Rb, and leads to the progression of oncogenesis. In a previous study, E7 biomarkers were identified in E7 Tg mice. In this study, in order to investigate whether a genotoxic carcinogen would modulate carcinogenesis in the E7-Tg mice, an anticancer drug, melphalan, was intraperitoneally injected into E7-Tg mice for eight weeks at two-day intervals and then genes and proteins were analysed using Omics approaches and RT-qPCR. RT-qPCR was performed to confirm whether E7 biomarkers would be modulated by inelphalan treatment in E7-Tg mice, revealing that up-regulated E7 markers such as cyclin B1, CD166, and actin alpha 1 were down-regulated, whereas expression of down-regulated E7 markers such as vimentin was restored by melphalan treatment. These results suggest that melphalan inhibits carcinogenesis via modulating E7-specific genes and proteins expressed in the lung tissues of E7 Tg mice.
- Files in This Item
Go to Link
- Appears in
- 이과대학 > 생명시스템학부 > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.